We are in the process of moving to a larger home (yay!) so meals around here for the next week are more in the 'eat what you can find cus Mama's not going grocery shopping til we're moved in' category! Oh, I will be SO glad once we are moved in so that I can get back to cooking. Even more excited now that I will be doing it in a much bigger kitchen! While going through the pantry earlier, I realized that I have one huge stockpile of beans. So, I decided to whip up this hearty bean salsa for us to snack on in between the moving of boxes & furniture. This is one of my favorites!
Hearty Bean Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups corn
- fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded & chopped to taste (I like about 6-8)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Toss everything together in a large bowl. Refrigerate for an hour for flavors to marry! Serve with tortilla chips - or heck, you can even eat it with a spoon if you wanna!