July 15, 2011

Homemade Carpet Powder



I have 8 inside furbabies.  Yes, you read that right.  Eight!  4 cats & 4 dogs.  Needless to say, when it comes to products that make my house smell nice - I am a fan.  


Carpet powder is one product that I can't do without.  Even though it is a reasonable price, I buy so much of it that it works out to be pretty expensive.  Plus, it doesn't always work as well as I like.  


Homemade carpet powder to the rescue!!  It's cheap & it has not met an odor that it doesn't take care of.  


All you need is baking soda & orange essential oil.  You can use other essential oils if you like, but I like the orange.  Not only does it refresh better, but I always have it on hand for making our favorite Creamsicle Pops.


It is also nice to have an empty Parmesan cheese container, or some other shaker.




Mix the baking soda & several drops of the orange essential oil together in a bowl using a whisk.  Then, spoon the mixture into your shaker.  





Sprinkle onto your carpets - let it sit for about 15 minutes, then vacuum up.  




Simple, thrifty, & works like a charm.








MrsHappyHomemaker

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...