December 2, 2010

Creamy Crockpot Hot Cocoa {Best Ever!}



I meant to start my Holiday goodies series on December 1st, but if you keep up with me on  my facebook page, then you know that we had a water mishap.  A switch had gone bad on our water tank, & we had NO running water in the house for nearly 2 days.  We were filling up containers of water from the neighbor's outdoor spigot, & using that for all of our water needs.  I had NO idea that it takes nearly 3 gallons of water to simply flush a toilet!  If anything, my 2 day experience with no running water made me appreciate it so much more.  I was cooking during the ordeal, then it came time to do the dishes - but kinda hard to do without water!  I am SO glad that is over with now.


I am starting off the Holiday goody season with my recipe for Hot Cocoa in the Crockpot.  This isn't Swiss Miss, folks.  This is the real deal!  On a chilly day, it warms you from the inside out.  Serve it to a child, & you will see their face light up like a Christmas tree.  Proof in point - here is my daughter, Madison after just drinking a swallow.


Decadent doesn't even begin to describe this.  I'm serious - this is the BEST hot cocoa.  Ever.




Stir the cream, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, milk, & vanilla together in your crockpot.  






Cover, & cook on low for 2 hours - coming back to whisk it every so often.




How easy is that?!?


Now, just ladle the hot cocoa into mugs....





Garnish with marshmallows or whipped cream if desired.  I personally love marshmallows with mine.





Sit, relax, & drink this down!  Or, if you are like my oldest daughter Destiny - guzzle it down in the kitchen & grab another mug before Daddy gets home & drinks the pot full :)


This serves 6-8 people, depending upon how big of mugs you use - and I used a 5 quart crockpot in my pictures.




Creamy Crockpot Hot Cocoa


Ingredients:

  • 1.5 cups whipping cream
  • 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 6 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups of milk chocolate chips
Instructions:

Stir together the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a crockpot.

Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving. Garnish as desired.

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...