August 21, 2011

Mrs Happy Homemaker's Buttermilk Pancakes (Chocolate Chips Optional!)





For over a decade now, buttermilk pancakes have been a Sunday morning tradition in my home.  My kids look forward to it all week long.  They obviously share their mother's love of good pancakes.  

As a child, my parents took me to very nice (and not cheap) restaurants, and I ordered buttermilk pancakes more times than not.  They never understood it.

My pancake recipe is completely my own...learned over the years until I got it 'just right'.  Best of all, it's simple.





Sometimes I add blueberries.  A lot of the times I add chocolate chips.  Plain, or with additions, they just can't be beat.


with chocolate chips


In a large bowl, combine the flour & sugar.



In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, & vanilla extract.  


Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  The batter will be rich, thick, & creamy.


Drop by spoonfuls onto a buttered griddle or skillet.  (I LOVE my cast iron griddle for pancakes)  


Cook for a couple of minutes on each side.



Look at the depth on those pancakes!

You can keep them on an oven safe plate in a 200 degree oven to keep warm while the others are cooking, or you can use a buffet server like I do...or just eat them as soon as they're done!



Mrs Happy Homemaker's Buttermilk Pancakes


Ingredients:
  • 3 cups of self-rising flour (or 3 cups all purpose flour, 6 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons salt)
  • 2 tbsp white sugar
  • 2-3/4 cups buttermilk
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 stick of butter, melted
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract


Instructions:


In a large bowl, combine the flour & sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, & vanilla extract.  


Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  The batter will be rich, thick, & creamy.


Drop by spoonfuls onto a buttered griddle or skillet. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side.


You can keep them on an oven safe plate in a 200 degree oven to keep warm while the others are cooking


MrsHappyHomemaker


.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...