November 4, 2010

Chocolate Truffle Pie





Last night, I just couldn't sleep for the world.  I finally gave up, & got out of bed to find something to keep me busy while I waited for that sleepy feeling to hit me.  I turned on the television & found that one of my favorite movies, 'Hairspray' was on television.  Something about John Travolta as a woman just cracks me up every time!  I'm not one to just sit down & watch a good movie though.  I have to be doing something!  So, I looked around the kitchen to see what I had on hand, and what I could make with it.  Grocery day is tomorrow though, so what we have on hand is very limited until then!  After pondering for a few minutes, it hit me.  Chocolate Truffle Pie!  It requires very little ingredients, and those ingredients are usually ones that I have on hand.  Plus, along with being incredibly rich & tasty - it's quick!  You with me on this one?   


Here is what you need.  (Click on the picture if you need a larger image)









In a medium, microwavable bowl - combine the chocolate chips & 3/4 cup of cream.  Microwave in 30 second increments stirring each time, for a total of 2 minutes.  Whisk until smooth.










Cool the chocolate cream mixture for about 10-15 minutes for it to come to room temperature.  Stir in the vanilla & sifted confectioners sugar.









In a separate bowl, beat the remaining cup of heavy whipping cream until it forms a soft peak.  Beat in the chocolate mixture 1/3 at a time on high speed.  Pour into the pie crust.












Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.










Chocolate Truffle Pie


Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1/3 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust
Instructions:

In microwave dish combine all the chocolate chips and 3/4 cup of the cream. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth, whisking well at the end. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Stir in sugar & vanilla.

In separate bowl, beat the rest of the cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high speed 1/3 at a time. Mix well and pour into crust.

Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...