July 7, 2011

Homemade Bagel Bites (Freezer Cooking)






My big freezer cooking day will be coming up in the next week, and one item that is always on the list to make are Homemade Bagel Bites.  These are WAY WAY better than the ones you buy in the grocery store!  



They are super easy to prepare, & freeze beautifully.  I like to make several batches to go into my freezer for easy go-to lunches when I don't have much time.  



Who am I kidding?  I never have much time.

Of course, you can always make these to serve immediately too. 


They will be crispy & addictive!





Homemade Bagel Bites


Ingredients:

  • 1 bag of miniature bagels
  • 8-12 oz of mozzarella cheese
  • 8 oz of pepperoni, chopped (or ham if you prefer!)
  • 1 cup of pizza sauce


Instructions:


Lay all the bagel halves out.  Combine the shredded cheese, chopped pepperoni, & pizza sauce.  Spoon a couple tablespoons onto each bagel half.  

If you are cooking them now, put them into the oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  

If you are freezing them like I do, place them on a baking sheet & freeze until firm.  Then pop them into freezer bags.  I like to wrap them with aluminum foil before putting them in the freezer bags - just to be double sure no nasty freezer burn hits them.  From frozen, cook at 375 for 20 minutes. 

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...