July 30, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers







Tomorrow my little man is going to be 4 months old!  Where DOES the time go?  I still haven't figured that one out.  It seems like I just had him yesterday.  Heck, it seems like just last year my oldest daughter was in diapers at that...but, now she's 10!  Sigh.  


Everything has started to quiet down in the house.  My daughters are supposed to be asleep in the bed, but I doubt they are.  I'm sure that they are up there whispering to each other.  But, that's quite alright because at least they aren't fighting!  This past week it seems like they have gotten on each other's nerves more than anything.  My husband is snoring away, and little man is fighting sleep beside of me.  He can't decide if he'd rather watch the Lifetime movie with me, or fall asleep on Mommy's bed.  Wait.  I think he decided.  Sleep prevailed.



For supper tonight, I made a boneless turkey breast, loaded mashed potatoes, & bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers.  I adore these little jalapenos.  They are SO good, and I have never been able to resist popping a few in my mouth before I put them on the table & ring the dinner bell.   Well, OK - we don't have a dinner bell - we have a dinner air horn.  Yes, air horn!  I can sound the alarm for dinner, and my daughters can hear me from clear across the subdivision & come running!  


Well, look at me...rambling again!  Let's get started on that recipe for these jalapenos that are crammed full of yummy-ness!


Let's start off with ingredients.  You will need 10-15 large jalapenos, a package of thick sliced bacon, a large handful of shredded cheese of your choice, 8oz softened cream cheese, a few green onions, a good sprinkling of paprika, barbecue sauce & toothpicks.








Cut your jalapenos in half & scoop out the seeds & membranes.  I like to leave the stems attached because it gives it a little handle, and well - I think it looks pretty.








Combine softened cream cheese, a good handful of shredded cheese, a few diced green onions, and paprika.  








Now stuff that inside of your hollowed out jalapenos.








Time for the bacon.  Cut each slice of bacon in half, and wrap it around the stuffed jalapeno.  Secure it with a toothpick.  Place the stuffed & wrapped jalapenos on a wire cooling rack set on top of a baking sheet.  I wrap my baking sheet with tin foil & spray down the rack with a bit of Pam.  








Now brush on some barbecue sauce nice & thick.








Bake at 275 for 1 hour.  











Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers


Ingredients:

  • 10-15 large jalapenos
  • 8oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
  • 3-4 green onions, diced
  • 1 pound of thick sliced bacon, sliced cut in half
  • paprika to taste
  • barbecue sauce to taste
  • toothpicks

Instructions:

Slice jalapenos in half & scoop out the seeds & membranes with a spoon.  Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onions, & paprika in a bowl.  Stuff your jalapenos with the mixture.  Wrap each stuffed jalapeno with a bacon half.  Secure with a toothpick, & brush with a good helping of barbecue sauce.  Cook at 275 for 1 hour on a wire cooling rack placed on top of a baking sheet.

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...