July 29, 2010

Easy Peasy Lemon-Blueberry Jelly








Today has been one of those days that I am so very thankful that I invested in a ring sling for my baby boy!  I have not been off my feet for more than 5 minutes all day.  In between cooking 3 meals, canning 8 quarts of pickles & several jars of lemon blueberry jelly, homeschooling my 2 daughters, caring for my little man, household chores, running errands, etc - I am exhausted!  But, give or take a few things - these are normal days for me, and I wouldn't have it any other way!  Each day is a true blessing.

I made a trip to the farmers market today.  They are only open on Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturday - and I am usually there at least 2 out of 3 of those days.  I just love being able to purchase fresh from the local farmers as often as possible.  This year I have really gotten into canning too that way I can have some of it when it is out of season.   The farmers market has been overloaded with fresh blueberries lately, so I have really been stocking up on them because I just love them so much.  Use some & freeze some.  I have made practically everything you can make with them this season, except for blueberry jelly.  Well, that is until today.  With my daughters nearby, I just couldn't make this fast enough.  They couldn't wait til it was done, and set up, so that they could have some of it.  They just loved it, and this recipe makes a good bit so that they can keep on loving it for months to come.  I hope that you all enjoy it as much as we are!


For this recipe, you won't need many ingredients.  Just 6 cups of fresh blueberries, 3 cups of sugar, & 2 (3oz) packets of lemon jello.  (Or Wal-Mart jello if you are cheap...I mean frugal...like me!)  Throw 2 cups of the blueberries into a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.  Put your 2 cups of blueberry puree & remaining 4 cups of whole blueberries into a large pan or saucepan.






Stir in 3 cups of sugar & bring to a boil over medium high heat.







Remove from the heat & mix in 2 (3oz) boxes of lemon gelatin (jello).









Make sure it is combined well so that the gelatin dissolves properly.  Now, transfer to clean sterile canning jars - leaving 1 inch of head space at the top, & seal in a 2 inch water bath!  






Happy Canning!








Easy Peasy Lemon-Blueberry Jelly



Ingredients:

  • 6 cups fresh blueberries (4 cups left whole & 2 cups pureed)
  • 3 cups white sugar
  • 2 (3oz) packages of lemon gelatin

Instructions:

Combine the whole blueberries, pureed blueberries, & sugar in a large saucepan & bring to a boil over medium high heat.  Remove from heat & mix in the lemon gelatin.  Transfer to clean sterile jars, leaving 1 inch of headspace at the top.  Seal in a water bath, and store in a cool place.  

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...