February 22, 2012

Funfetti Pound Cake




In yesterday's post, I made a German Chocolate Pound Cake out of a boxed mix with a tub of prepared icing mixed into the batter.  It turned out so good, that I felt the itch to try that same principal - but with different flavors.

All the obvious ones came into my head - but when I saw that box of funfetti cake mix staring back at me, I could make no other!  I also had a tub of rainbow chip icing - so it was fate.  A funfetti pound cake must be made.





I used the same recipe on this as I did with the German Chocolate pound cake, switching out the icing & the mix with the corresponding flavors.  Really - can you imagine the endless possibilities of pound cake flavors that you could come up with?

The funfetti pound cake turned out moist and delicate in texture - and the flavor was the classic vanilla poundcake with little hints of the funfetti flavor.  It was really good, and disappeared at a record rate of speed thanks to my husband and kids.  Ok, ok.  You caught me.  I also did a number on it :)





Funfetti Pound Cake

Ingredients:

  • 1 box funfetti or rainbow chip cake mix
  • 1 tub rainbow chip chip or funfetti icing
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/3 cups water

Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Combine everything minus the tub of icing together using an electric mixer or whisk.  Gently stir in the icing.  

Grease & flour a bundt pan - or spray with Bakers Joy.  Fill the pan with the batter.  Bake for 50-60 minutes.

Remove to a wire rack & cool for 10 minutes in the pan.  Then invert it onto the rack, and cool an additional 10 minutes before slicing.


MrsHappyHomemaker



Shared with these great blog parties!

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...