June 13, 2012

Shrimp Scampi Po' Boys {On Garlic Bread}






The following recipe came to me only because I was out of lettuce. Yep.  

I set to making a traditional po' boy, but before I got started I realized I was completely out of lettuce.  I didn't want to make a grocery run, so I decided to make shrimp scampi instead.  But wait - I had already made the french bread, and it smelled too good not to use right then.  Then the idea gates opened up in my head, and I knew what I was going to do.







I was going to make a Shrimp Scampi Po' Boy, and make the french bread into garlic bread to sandwich all that yummy shrimp in between.  And, I did - then I devoured it.





 

Shrimp Scampi Po' Boys

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds raw shrimp, tails removed & deveined
  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced & divided
  • 1/4 cup minced shallots
  • 2 bunches green onions, chopped & divided
  • 2 loaves french bread
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
  • salt & pepper to taste
Instructions:

In a large skillet, melt 1 stick of butter.  Stir in the shrimp.  3 cloves of minced garlic, shallots, & 1 bunch of chopped green onions.  Cook for 6-10 minutes on medium-high heat, or until the shrimp is done.  Season with salt & pepper.

Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.  Combine the other stick of softened butter, 3 cloves minced garlic, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, & the other half of the green onions.  Cut your french bread in half lengthwise, & hollow out the insides halfway.  Spread on the butter/mayo mixture.  Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the bread is toasty.

Sandwich the shrimp in between the bread.  Serve & enjoy.


MrsHappyHomemaker





Shared with these great blog parties!

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...