When you think about what a man likes to eat - steak & potatoes....or steak n taters where I'm from....always comes to mind. So, on Father's Day - let's give Dad what he really wants. These kabobs are so good though, you won't want to limit them just to Father's Day!
Steak n' Tater Kabobs
printable button at bottom of post
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 large potatoes, skin on - chopped into large chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut in half - and layers seperated
- 3/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- wooden skewers, soaked for 30 minutes in water
In a medium bowl, whisk together the steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion powder, & black pepper. Set aside. Mix the potato chunks with the water in a medium sized dish, cover with vented plastic wrap, and cook for 6 minutes in the microwave. Drain the water, & set the potatoes to the side to cool enough to handle. Thread the skewer through the kabob components as so: First a steak cube, then an onion layer, a potato, another onion layer, & finishing off with another steak cube. Do this until all the steak & potatoes have been used. Brush the entire kabob with the sauce mixture. Grill on med-high heat for 5 minutes. Turn; and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes - basting with the remaining sauce.