September 26, 2011

Apple Nachos




Wow, I can't believe it's been a week already since the beginning of this applicious week!  Today is Day 7 - so if you missed any of the previous 6, make sure you go back & give them a look.

Today.... Apple Nachos.  When I first mentioned the idea of this to my husband, his first thought was that I was talking about chopping up apples into the filling of my beef nachos recipe, and looked at me like I was crazy.





But, that's not it all all!  These apple nachos use sliced apples instead of chips, and toppings such as caramel & melted marshmallows instead of cheese.  

Don't they look delish?  Plus, they are done in a matter of minutes!





Apple Nachos

Ingredients:
  • 5 apples, sliced into thin slices
  • 11 ounce bag of caramel bits
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 16 ounces mini marshmallows
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup roasted & salted peanuts
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  • fall colored sprinkles


Instructions:


Lay out the apple slices on a large platter.  In a microwavable bowl, melt the caramel bits & water in 30 second intervals until melted completely, whisking each time - about 2 minutes.

In a saucepan, combine the mini marshmallows & butter together on medium heat - stirring until melted.

Pour the caramel on top of the apple slices, followed by the melted marshmallows.  Garnish with the mini chocolate chips, peanuts, & sprinkles.


MrsHappyHomemaker

Make sure you check out all the wonderful blog parties that I link with!

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...