January 19, 2012

'Better Than Olive Garden' Seafood Alfredo






I don't go out to eat much.  It will sound good, but then the check comes.....  



And it's not good.  I'm too poor for many of those kind of checks.

But, I love Olive Garden.  Like - really love it.  It's all my dear mother's fault. She took me there for the first time.  She got me hooked on their Seafood Alfredo.  She got me into the habit of dipping my breadsticks upside down to dip in their ah-mazing Alfredo sauce (which if you don't eat yours upside down, you are not getting all the true buttery garlicky flavors on your tongue).  I love you, Mama - but you have created an Olive Garden addict.  ;)

You see though - my father instilled something into me to counteract it.  He says, 'Now Crystal, don't be spending money on things you can do yourself for a whole lot cheaper'.  Daddy is a wise man.

To curb my Olive Garden addiction - and to keep my wallet from anorexia - I have created a copycat rendition of their Seafood Alfredo.  When I served it, my husband proceeded to tell me how mine was SO much better than Olive Gardens.  And, no disrespect to the OG - but I have to agree.  

With no further adue, I present to you 'Better Than the Olive Garden' Seafood Alfredo.






Better Than the Olive Garden Seafood Alfredo

Ingredients:
  • 16oz fettuccine noodles
  • 1 pound scallops
  • 1 pound small shrimp, deveined - shells & tails removed
  • 1 stick butter
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • 4 cups heavy cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1.5 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1 3/4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese

Instructions:

Preheat a skillet on medium-high heat.  Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute the scallops for about 6 minutes.  Stir in the shrimp & cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until done.  Remove from the pan & set aside.

Melt the butter in a large saucepan with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.  Add the garlic, cream, & pepper.  Cook for about 5 minutes, whisking often.

Add the Parmesan cheese and cook the sauce on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.  Make sure you give it a good whisk every couple of minutes!

Add the mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth, continuing to stir frequently.

While the sauce cooks, boil the fettuccine noodles according to package directions.  Place the pasta on serving plates, and top with the Alfredo sauce and seafood OR just combine it all together in a large pot.

**This does make a little bit more sauce than you need.  I did this on purpose because I like to put a little in a small bowl to dip my breadsticks in.  My Olive Garden breadstick recipe is coming tomorrow!  








MrsHappyHomemaker

Check out all the great blog parties I link up with!

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...