January 26, 2012

Philly Cheesesteak Pizza





A few days ago, I shared my foolproof recipe for Eye of Round Roast.  I like to choose a big roast when making it for the simple fact that I have leftovers. Those leftovers are the key to my Philly Cheesesteak Pizza.  Who doesn't love the cook once, eat twice principal?







There really isn't an exact recipe to this - more like a little of this and a little of that kind of method.  





Philly Cheesesteak Pizza

Ingredients:
  • leftover eye of round roast, or any other beef roast
  • cheese
  • sauteed onions & garlic - you can add bell peppers and mushrooms too if you want
  • jarred alfredo sauce
  • pre-baked pizza crust

Instructions:

Saute whatever veggies you want & set aside.

Using a food processor or blender, shred up the leftover roast into small bits.






Spoon a little alfredo sauce onto a prepared pizza crust.  Top with the roast, sauteed veggies, & cheese.  This go round, I used onions and garlic for the veggies - and on one pizza I used pepperjack & on another I used parmesan, mozzarella & torn strips of provolone.










Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.














MrsHappyHomemaker

Check out all the great blog parties that I link up with!

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...