January 15, 2012

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes






Last week, my daughters were invited to a Lip Gloss Party by my good friend Tammy, who is also a homeschooling mama.  All the kids that came got together and made their very own lip gloss out of Vaseline, coconut oil, beeswax, and almond bark - and had a blast in the process.  Of course, us moms had a great time too.  After all, there was adult conversation involved.  ;)








All the moms brought something, and I was assigned the cupcakes.  Since Valentines is around the corner, I thought it would be relevant to do a cutesy Valentine-ish cupcake to bring, that didn't take too much time to whip up. Looking through my baking cabinet, I found a box of strawberry cake mix and another of brownie mix - that I scored for free with some coupons a while back.  






The idea seemed brilliant - chocolate brownies layered with strawberry cake in cupcake form.  

So, that's what I did.  And, I loved the way they turned out.  I don't know whether to call this a recipe or simply a method.  Either or - it's a must make for Valentines or any other time of the year.








Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • 1 box brownie mix, mixed according to package directions
  • 1 box strawberry cake mix, mixed according to package directions
  • 1/2 batch of cream cheese frosting, or any other frosting that you want top them with
Instructions:

Preheat the oven according to the cake mix directions.  Spray your cupcake pans with non-stick cooking spray.  Put a spoonful of brownie mix in each cupcake hole, and top with 2-3 spoonfuls of strawberry cake batter.  Bake according to the cake mix directions.  Cool completely before frosting.





MrsHappyHomemaker

Check out all the great blog parties that I link up with!!!

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...