January 20, 2012

Olive Garden Breadsticks





In yesterday's post, I showed you how to make Seafood Alfredo straight out of Olive Garden, but WAY better.  I talked about how the Alfredo sauce for the recipe made a little bit more than what the pasta dish needed because I liked to make extra for breadsticks.  I just LOVE the Olive Garden breadsticks dipped in the Alfredo sauce.  My mama got me to eat my breadsticks turned upside down, that way that buttery spicy topping hits your tongue first.  And you know, Mama is always right.  :)






Some of you might even be more excited about the breadstick recipe than you are about the Alfredo.  I understand.  Those breadsticks are good!

Here we go - my copycat version of Olive Garden breadsticks.  You must try them now.  You do not need to live another day without these in your mouth.  




Olive Garden Copycat Breadsticks

*Makes between 12-16 breadsticks, depending how thin you roll them.  Unless you're like me and my first time making them.  I ended up with 10 Olive Garden hoagies

**I make mine in my breadmaker because - well, I love my breadmaker.  You can make it the traditional way by following the first 3 steps here, then rolling them out into breadstick shapes, and letting rise for 45 mins before baking.

Ingredients:

For the Breadstick Dough:
  • 1.5 cups warm water
  • 1 package active dry yeast OR 2 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
  • 4 1/4 bread flour (use all purpose if it's not available)
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon salt

For the topping:
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoons salt

Instructions:

In your bread machine, add all the ingredients as instructed by your bread machine manufacturer.  Usually its the liquids first, followed by seasonings, then flour - and very last you make a well in the flour and add the yeast.

Set your bread machine on the 'dough cycle'.

When the dough is done, pull of pieces of dough and roll into strips.  Remember, they will get bigger after they have risen, so roll them out thinner than a typical breadstick to give room for them to grow.  Place on a greased baking sheet.  Set in a warm, draft-free area & let rise 45 minutes.





Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.

While the breadsticks are baking, combine the topping ingredients.  As soon as the breadsticks come out of the oven, brush the topping all over the breadsticks - saturating them with the yummy buttery concoction.  Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.

MrsHappyHomemaker

Check out all the blog parties that I link up with!!!

.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...