August 6, 2012

Pork Tacos



Being able to eat twice from the same meal is something that I strive to do, but I don't really like to eat the exact same thing when I do that.  There has to be some sort of twist on it so the leftovers don't taste like....well, leftovers.  

Earlier this month, I made my Sweet Chipotle Pork Roast, and had a good bit of the roast leftover.  About this same time, I was browsing through my Secret Recipe Club assignment, Jaida over at Sweet Beginnings, and I fell in love with her Taco Tuesdays.  As I was looking through all the taco recipes, the Pork Tenderloin Tacos jumped out at me - even more so since I had a good bit of leftover pork roast in the refrigerator.  




So, instead of buying a whole new roast, I just cut the roast from the other night's dinner up in cubes, seasoned it just as the recipe stated, and cooked it on medium in the skillet for about 6-8 minutes.  Let me tell you, it was fantastic!!  




I served it with my leftover pico de gallo that I had made the day before - and reveled in my new meal that consisted more of leftovers than anything else.  And, it didn't even taste like leftovers!!





Pork Tacos

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 medium red onion, diced
  • About 4 cups leftover diced pork (or use fresh if you have no leftovers, just increase the cooking time)
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • corn or flour tortillas (depending on your preference)
  • cilantro, lime, & shredded cheese to garnish (optional)

Instructions:

Heat the olive oil in a skillet, and saute the onions until translucent.  Add the diced pork and sprinkle with the seasonings; stir well to coat.  Cook for 6-8 minutes on medium heat until thoroughly warmed.  Serve with pico de gallo, salsa,or tangy slaw (recipe to follow).

For the tangy slaw combine 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, juice from a lime, 1 tsp sugar, 1 bag coleslaw shreds, 2 small green onions, & 1/4 cup fresh cilantro.  

MrsHappyHomemaker


Shared with these great blog parties!


.

--> Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...